Use of Tax Benefits
BDO Peru has broad experience providing advisory regarding the procedures to request the refund and offsetting of taxes or tax credits of any nature: Income Tax credit balances, Exporter’s credit balance, early VAT recovery, overpayments or incorrect payments, credits for “Percepcion” VAT or “Retencion" VAT, ITAN balance, customs drawback, etc.
In addition, our team is ready to assist you, with the necessary level of involvement, in the following tasks:
- Complete procedures to recover invested capital, so that SUNAT recognizes the accounting cost and/or depreciation reported by the non-domiciled individuals who will generate taxable income in Peru due to the sale or transfer in use of their assets
- Complete procedures to execute Legal or Tax Stability Agreements and Guarantee Agreements with the Peruvian Government, to register foreign investment with PROINVERSIÓN and to keep company accounts in foreign currency
- Complete procedures to execute Investment Contracts with the Peruvian Government, and to obtain the approval of the lists of goods and services that would be subject to the VAT Refund or Early VAT Recovery Regimes
- Prepare, submit and follow up on (on a monthly basis or when required) the dossiers with the requests for tax refund or recovery within the framework of the special tax regimes, such as early VAT recovery or VAT refund, Exporter’s credit balance, customs drawback, etc.
- Provide assistance to access the “Works for Taxes” Regime, so that the funds intended for the payment of tax obligations may be used in infrastructure or service works with direct or indirect impact on your company’s operations.